The Office of Real Estate Planning supervises and coordinates all purchases, sales and leases of properties and facilities on behalf of the entire University system.
Any and all Real Estate agreements, documents and contracts being considered within the University, must be initiated and/or reviewed by the Office of Real Estate Administration and then approved and executed by the Senior Vice President for Finance and Treasurer.
Responsibilities of this Office include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Negotiates, reviews and maintains all lease agreements entered into by the university, either as a tenant or as a landlord
- Negotiates with property owners for the acquisition of real estate
- Acts as coordinator and liaison to the Office of Sr. Vice President & General Counsel, Risk Management and Rutgers Environmental, Health & Safety Departments on all real estate related activities
- Obtains and grants easements and rights of way
- Maintains all university deeds, master leases, and other real estate documents
- Applies for tax exemptions on all university real estate
- Pays real estate taxes where required.
- Orders and reviews appraisals
- Orders surveys and title reports
- Obtains all required board approvals and resolutions pertaining to real estate