University Facilities and Capital Planning's Office of Space Management is responsible for overseeing the occupancy and utilization of over 27 million sq.ft. of space on all Rutgers University campuses. The Office of Space Management ensures that university space allocations and utilization remain consistent with the university's academic, research, and clinical missions. Our services:
- Integrate space planning with university campus-wide strategic initiatives
- Identify options for space efficiency to meet university-wide program priorities
- Perform space analysis feasibility and fit studies
- Maintain a university-wide space inventory
- Manage space requests
The Space Management Office has developed guidelines to assist the university community in making sound decisions about space allocation and planning. These guidelines apply to both new construction and building renovations, and are rooted in principles of equity, efficiency, flexibility, sustainability, and synergy. Click here for complete guidelines.
In order to request space, please complete this form. All requests must be approved by a Dean/Department Head and Chancellor. A space management officer will contact your unit to identify short- and long-term solutions. Because space on campus is an extremely limited resource, please make sure that the request cannot be met within your school or administrative unit's existing space.
To request access to the space database, please email email@example.com.
- Christopher Pye, Executive Director, Space Management
- Teresa DeCarlo, Director, Facilities Planning
- David Kihm, Manager
- Dominick Petisco, CAD Technician
- Juan Velez, CAD Technician
- Iris Orellana, Communications Officer
- Maria Nunes, Administrative Assistant